Monday, June 29, 2009

London Block Party

A phenomenon not exactly endemic to London happens at least once a year on several lucky East London streets: the block party. I live on one of these streets.

Save a breakup, it's the world's best excuse for a Sunday night piss-up... at least to a Yank like me, unused to doing such things as part of the culture.

Lots of interesting stuff happened: between the one-man band and the incessant Jackson 5 (nobody minded), there were dogs, booze, and great curry.








































If this is all too vanilla for some of you, there was some underage keg-love going on,













as well as a capella renditions of your favorite Motörhead classics.













My roommate














even managed to take a flattering candid shot of me. I really didn't think that was possible.













I'll just have to remember to drink irresponsibly next time someone does a photo shoot of me.



































































No comments:

Post a Comment